Thursday, July 10, 2008

Reading Instruction Competence Assessment

For those of you who don't know, I am currently going to school to receive a Teaching Credential and Masters in Education through the University of La Verne. Throughout the program there are many tests and teaching performance assessments (TPA) that need to be passed in order to teach. No Child Left Behind (NCLB), is forcing schools to only hire highly qualified teachers which is great for the students, but hard for in coming teachers . As a result of NCLB, there are 3 TPA's that need to be passed, and three major tests (CBEST, RICA, and the CSET). I have completed my first TPA, and unfortunately have to wait 2 months for results. On the testing side, as of Monday I have two down and one to go. I passed the RICA, and am now hitting the books and preparing for the CSET. I can't tell you how excited I am, I literally was yelling and screaming outside the bathroom while Wayne was using the facilities. I am not one to toot my own horn, but I think I deserve it ! Toot Toot......

3 comments:

Troop 50412 said...

We will toot a horn for you too. Toot toot.

The 6-S Ranch said...

Great job!

Michelle said...

Here is another toot...!! Toot toot... great job!! Keep it up!!