After seeing a commerical for 1-800-Contacts a few nights ago, it occurred to me that I could buy contacts from someone other then my eye doctor.I usually buy a box for each eye once a year at my yearly appointment. For some reason, I am not seeing well and find my self changing my contacts more. Because of this I am going through contacts at record pace.
So I called the Dr. and asked him to write me a prescription for my contacts. The next day, I picked up the prescription and headed to Costco looking for a deal. Boy did I find one !
In December, I paid $190 for contacts. Yesterday, I paid $77. I nearly had a heart attack when the lady told me what I owed. I thought she had it wrong. But no, I am just an idiot !
Driving home, I was thinking about all of the money I wasted by being naive. The doctor told me to buy the contacts through him, and that is what I did.
The worst part about it is that I then had to go home and tell Wayne ( the same guy who gets excited about the $100 of free money he earned last year on our money market account). There is no hiding this deal, Wayne pays the bill , Wayne balances the check book!
Although Wayne was happy I went out and found myself a deal, he couldn't help but ask me why I didn't think about it five years ago.
1 comment:
Got to love a deal.
Post a Comment