Everynight, I find myself sitting on the couch watching Wayne and Hunter walk through their nightly ritual as Wayne prepares to go to work at 8:30pm. For Wayne, it is his favorite part of the day. For me, it is my down time to do what I want.
7:15- Wayne leads Hunter up the hall, away from the bedroom, and then turns around and runs down the hall into the back bathroom to get in the shower. Evidently Wayne needs a head start so he can get in the shower without Hunter blocking the door.
7:17- Hunter comes walking down the hall, motioning to join me on the couch. I ask him, "Where is Daddy?", he turns around and goes back down the hall yelling "Daddy". I hear Wayne talking to Hunter while in the shower.
7:20 - I hear Hunter coming down the hall. He has one of Waynes shoes in his hand. He throws it in front of him and then picks it up and throws it again. This is how he brings a size 17 shoe that is bigger then the length of his body down the hall. Brings me the shoe, and insists that I put it on.
7:23 - Hunter comes back down the hall with the other shoe, still throwing it and picking it up. Insists I put on the second shoe. I am typing right now with my husbands size 17 shoes on. Not to mention, I am so interested in blogging that I am still watching the Rockies vs Mets game that Wayne put on before he went to take a shower. Oh, Mets just won 7-0.
7:30 - Living room has been completely quiet, Hunter is in the back bathroom with Wayne watching him shave. Hunter literally sits on the floor of the bathroom and watches.
7:32 - Here they come down the hall. Wayne asks me, " Are those my shoes?" We both laugh. Hunter insists I wear the shoes at random times during the day, so it is no surprise to Wayne.
7:35- Wayne is eating a "skinny cow", Hunter is insisting I put the shoes back on. Wayne is a bit annoyed because Hunter just wiped snot on his outfit. Welcome to my world !
7:40 - Hunter wants to put his shoes on, Wayne tells him it isn't time yet. Instead, Hunter is trying to eat Wayne's feet. Hunter is going after his foot with his mouth open, Wayne is laughing hysterical.
7:45- Wayne changes the channel to GAC (Great American Country), both Wayne and Hunter are dancing, if you consider jerking your head back and forth dancing.
7:50- Wayne walks out of the room to use the bathroom, Hunter follows after him.
7:55- Hunter comes back down the hall and sits in his chair. He has decided to wait out here with me for Wayne to finish his business. Hunter continues to get up and walk down the hall to see if Wayne is done.
8:05- Wayne and Hunter wander out onto the balcony. Wayne is talking to all the neighbors. Hunter is playing. All the neighbors stop and strike a conversation with my friendly husband. I think they find Wayne intriguing , mostly because of his line of work.The funny thing is that they are all over 70 , so they talk about fishing,golf, the weather, or criminals. Wayne nick names them all, like "gangster guy", or "Old man with big balled dog".
8:10- Wayne has come back in, and went down the hall. Hunter is following Wayne carrying a ball that is bigger then him. My friend Theresa bought the ball for Hunter . All you can see are Hunter's little arms, and his legs because the ball covers his midsection. I hate to say this but Wayne and I get a good laugh from watching Hunter carry the ball around, running into the coffee table, walls, etc.
8:15 - Wayne gets his socks, and begins putting his socks on. Hunter hands Wayne one shoe, and immediately is looking up at his shoes on the mantle. Hunter hands Wayne the second shoe. Wayne puts it on and grabs Hunter's shoes. Wayne puts Hunters shoes on and Hunter immediately walks over to the mirror to look at himself in the mirror.
8:20 - Wayne is packing his lunch (or midnight snack). Hunter is in the kitchen with him, looking through his drawers.
8:21- Hunter hangs out at the door, with his shoes on. Wayne tells Hunter , sit down and relax because I am not leaving for 5 minutes". Hunter sits down, and plays with a toy.
8:26- Time for Wayne to leave, Hunter and I go down to move the car for Wayne.
8:30- Hunter , Wayne and I exchange kisses in the garage. Hunter takes position in the passenger seat while I pull the car out of the garage. I roll down the window so Wayne and Hunter can see each other. We say our goodbyes and Wayne pulls away.
8:35- Hunter and I repark the car, and head up to the condo. I change his diaper and slip on his jammies.
8:40- I hit the lights off, turn on the sound machine , fan, glow worm.
8:44- Go back and check on Hunter. Worm is still glowing and Hunter is sleeping.
1 comment:
Very cute!
Post a Comment