Sunday, September 21, 2008

Remembering..... My Dad










" He Only Takes The Best"


God saw you were getting tired
And a cure was not to be,
So He put His arms around you
And whispered "Come with Me"


With tearful eyes we watched you suffer
And slowly fade away,
Although we loved you dearly,
We could not make you stay.


A golden heart stopped beating,
Hard working hands now at rest,
God broke our hearts to prove to us
' He only takes the best'.



6 comments:

Audrey said...

It's impossible to think that this was really six years ago. Hugs to you guys today. He was such a great guy. I'll always hear him in my head singing "Blue Moon" (ask Jamie for a recap if you don't remmeber). =)

Anonymous said...

One of the greatest men I've ever met. I miss him and I wish he could hug Hunter as much as I have. That's why I always try to give Hunter double hugs and kisses, one for me and one for Jean.

Kristin said...

Thank you, John ! That means alot to me....

The 6-S Ranch said...

I'm really crying now...out here in the garage, hoping no one will catch me. Those pictures are great, and the comments are so sweet. Even before your dad died, my mom would always say how he was such a great dad because he would come home from work, walk in the door, change your diaper without being asked, and was happy to do it!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures you chose to post. When I think of Jean, I remember all that he had accomplished. It seemed like he had tried everything. What comes to mind right now is the VW bus. He took up surfing and had to have the right car to take him to and from the beach. When he did something, he did it to the fullest!

Michelle said...

Kristin as always you have a way with words!!! The pictures are great. Rob always talks about how great your Dad was and how much I would have loved him!!! I truly wish I could have met him...
xxoo
xoxoxo